Friday, November 9, 2012

Restaurant Review: Golden Lotus

Me and Thai Iced Tea
I love to eat. Although, many in my circle tease me for eating like a rabbit. Little do they know that not much can put a smile on my face like good quality food. My weeks are full of smoothies, fresh juices, salads, beans, quinoa, fruits, veggies and nuts- but sometimes- (like once every month for about a week)- I crave heavier, rich, filling foods. When these cravings come on there are few restaurants that meet my standards for quality, taste, and health under one roof.
 
Vegan Veggie Pot Stickers with Peanut Sauce
A place I often turn to when I have meat eating visitors or when my palate is craving faux meat is Golden Lotus Restaurant. One of Oakland, California’s most popular vegan restaurants. They are located in the heart of downtown open for lunch until late into the night. Their extensive menu will have you wishing you were hungrier, richer, or available to return the next day. The warm family style atmosphere is light and jovial. The wait staff is attentive and friendly. The Golden Lotus menu creatively names their dishes after popular meat dishes, although everything is vegan. This place is great for large groups, couples, and even a solo date. 
 
Sweet and Sour Chicken with Brown Rice
Gourmet Spicy Lemongrass Chicken

I have frequented this place for over six years now. After trying many different entrees still I return to my favorite: Special #16 Gourmet Spicy Lemongrass Chicken with a side of brown rice and a vegan Thai Ice Tea. I top it off with my favorite dessert of all time: Sweet Sticky Rice and Mango. YUMM!!!

Check this place out and share your experience here. Happy Eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment