Monday, July 8, 2013

Race #5: June 2013 Live Ultimate Quarter Marathon


Almost one month has passed since my last race. As apart of my 12 Race Challenge I signed up for The Live Ultimate Quarter Marathon at San Francisco’s Crissy Field. This was the shortest race I've done this year yet somehow a 6.55 miles race in Summer heat can be just as grueling as a 13.1 mile race in Fall.
 




The race had a nice turnout, which was expected being that it was promoted on Groupon for a great price. For only $28 I got some great pre/post-race snacks, a cute shirt, race bib, a mediocre medal, and a complimentary post race photo.




The race course was simple and predictable. We ran twice around a local bike/jogging trail. Which made the race crowded with Ultimate racers and locals. My goal for this race was 1 hour and 6 minutes, unfortunately I missed my goal by 7 minutes and finished at 1:13. I wasn't sad about missing my goal time because I was just glad to have made it there. I had a long work week and only 4 hours of sleep the night before. Making it there and completing the race was an accomplishment in itself.

The run was peaceful, near the water with a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge it was a great way to begin the morning and the rest of the day nicely followed suit.


 Complimentary post-race photo 

No comments:

Post a Comment