Thursday, August 8, 2013

Veggies is What's for Dinner: Stir Fry for Beginners


Sooooo...., I've been sleeping on the easiest veggie dish ever. Yes! stir frys. I have to admit it wasn't until earlier this year that I made my first stir fry. I know your thinking what planet was I living on? Stir fry's are truly the easiest and tastiest meals to make. Once you start making them there is no turning back. Here is my beginners recipe:

Ingredients:

red pepper
green bell pepper
yellow pepper
mushrooms
onions
garlic
asparagus
sugar snap peas

Directions:
Wet pan with water, fry onions and garlic until brown. Add oil of choice (not olive) combine remaining ingredients on low for 5 minutes, stir. Serve over brown rice, quinoa, in tortilla as fajitas. 


2 comments:

  1. I never use snap peas! What a good idea. Did you buy them frozen or fresh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keturahjoy,

      Thank you for your comment. Please forgive my delay. I am just seeing your comment and it made my day. :) To answer your question, I only use fresh snap peas because they taste better. They also mix well raw in a fruit salad. I mix them with grapes, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, it's tasty and very pretty.

      Delete