Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mom's Vegan Meal Just for Me

Vegetable lentil Stove-top Stew
As many vegans know It can sometimes take family a while to adjust to change. Deciding to be vegetarian created a lot of discomfort for my family. They wondered how/when we’d eat together, if I’d get enough nutrients, and warned of “supposed” inconvenience of being vegetarian.
Okra, Corn, Tomato succotash

Now, after 11 years as a vegetarian and a 1.5 years of being vegan. My family now fully supports my decision. So much so my mother takes pride in making me vegetarian (close to vegan as she can) meals when I visit. Which she also admits to enjoying.
Southern hot water corn bread
She prepared one of my all time favorites meals is okra, corn, tomato succotash, lentil vegetable stove top stew, and hot water cornbread (cornmeal and hot water).
Mom's Vegan Meal (includes slice of non-vegan corn bread)
When you put it all together and what do you get?.......A beautiful, healthy, vegan meal. It is super filling, yet light so I don't feel so stuffed I can't move. All the ingredients are unprocessed, organic, and vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment