Saturday, September 1, 2012

At Home Chef: Bean and Sprouts Bowl



This is one of my staple meals that I find myself eating several times a week. I make a large pot of black beans and purchase all of my veggies on Sunday. Creating this meal takes very little time. I have included the ingredients below.

Ingredients:
1 bunch Kale
Red pepper
4 cups cooked Black beans (with onion, garlic, vegetable broth)
Broccoli sprouts 

First I soak the beans overnight to release the enzyme inhibitors. Next, in a big pot I combine the black beans, vegetable broth, onions, and garlic into a crock pot (slow cooker) to cook overnight. Once the beans are done I get a bowl fill it with shredded kale, chopped red peppers, cooked black beans, and finally I cover it with broccoli sprouts. I also like to add shredded carrots, radish, and spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment