Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Race Rewards



I love rewards and incentives they push me toward my goal, help me save money, and enhance my accomplishments. For almost a year I have been eyeing a race necklace on Etsy. It was everything I wanted sterling silver, a running shoe charm, a heart charm, and a 13.1 charm. Although, it would be under $40 after shipping and handling I felt like I should earn it rather then buy it right away (this helps me save money). I told myself after 5 races I'd get for myself. So, here I am 6 races completed (including last years 2), I purchased it 2 weeks ago and now it's here. I love it.

Necklace by TheRunHome on Etsy.com $33


I've already mapped out my rewards for the next 6 months. I want to reward myself after every 3-4 races (only when I beat my previous time). The next reward comes at race 8, I really want an arm pocket so I can easily carry my id, house key, debit card, iphone, and lip balm.

i-25 Armpocket $39.95


My final reward comes at race 12, a Medal Holder. This is so ideal for me to hold the 12 medals I earned this year plus the 2 from last year.

Victory Medal $49.95

I may have to add a spa day in there somewhere : )

No comments:

Post a Comment