Thursday, August 2, 2012

Juicy Gratitude




I have been juice cleansing for 8 days now, two more days to go. I feel good, I have a lot of energy and I am enjoying the taste of my new daily concoctions. Another aspect of this cleanse I am thoroughly enjoying is the overwhelming sense of reflection and gratitude I have. It seems not worrying about what to eat next or being bogged down by a full and heavy stomach has allowed my body and spirit energy to focus on other important things in my life. I find myself listing all that I am grateful for.

For instance some of the wonderful things I am grateful for today are: my Orchid which has finally re-blossomed after a year, the abundance of fresh produce in my fridge, access to clean running water, the fresh jasmine that grows near my home, my bodies ability to move freely and effortlessly, and a warm cup of spice tea.

These things may seem super corny to you- which is fine - I am known to be a corn-ball. I realize that I sometimes take these pleasures for granted as though they should always just be this way. Unfortunately, the fact is I have friends in Burkina Faso who are without a home, running water, or food. There are people in my neighborhood who cannot afford fresh produce and are glad just to have one meal. I met a little girl who had never seen flowers before and thought them to be only in story books.

It is not merely the possibility of lack thereof that makes me appreciate what I have so much (because I’d find something to be grateful for in any situation), but in truth I genuinely appreciate all of the good in my life and this cleanse has helped me to recognize these things even more.

I believe that our thoughts create our reality and we attract what we think about most. With that said, if I focus on all the good in my life then I will attract more goodness. However, the same is true the other way around. In an effort to continue  focusing on gratitude I created something special to support in this process.

Today I found one of my many blank journals and I decorated the cover with my favorite stickers and it has officially become my gratitude journal.  Now, even after this juice cleanse I will be tracking all of the wonderful things in my life (that I sometimes overlook).

My Gratitude Journal


No comments:

Post a Comment