Wednesday, October 10, 2012

At Home Chef: Raw Pesto Pasta

During the week I rarely cook extravagant meals, I like quick and simple. I was craving pasta a few weeks ago so I whipped some up. I only used two main ingredients and a little gadget to get my desired results. Below is my raw vegan pasta dinner with a raw Cajun cucumber-tomato salad.

Raw Pesto Pasta with Raw Cajun cucumber-tomato salad
Equipment:
Spiralizer

Ingredients:
Zucchini
Spices (Black pepper, Himalayan salt, Kelp granules to taste)
Raw Pesto
Diced tomatoes for garnish

Directions:
1. Cut off ends of zucchini
2. Place zucchini in spiralizer
3. Drain and season
4. Place spiraled zucchini in a bowl or plate.  
5. Mix in raw pesto top with tomatoes for garnish 

My friends and I love this meal and I turn to it time and time again for vegan potlucks and even holiday dinners. I usually make a fresh tomato sauce for this recipe however, I was asked to sample a product called "Raw Pesto" which I will be reviewing for you all soon.  Feel free to add your own variations and please share how it turns out. Happy Eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment